photo Header_zps11b14c46.png

November 15, 2011

Look Down...

I have a crazy facination with a lot of design elements, especially when I start to design a room. My favorite element and the one that I find the most inspriation from are rugs! A rug can set the stage for an entire room and they are a great foundation to start from.

Tonight, as I am searching for rugs for a client, I find that I can't just pick one! I am on the hunt for a great transitional style rug. One that gives pop of the unexpected. I am looking for texture, color, design & impact. I want this rug to be the foundation I was talking about.....

Color is not a factor. The room is neutral so I have free reign to start from the ground up!



Love the deep, rich colors in this Spinx By Oriental Weavers Rug.

A little bit of glam/elegance Safavief Soho rug

Only so many rooms can pull off this perfect gray & beige zebra Patadise rug by Safavieh

Use your pop of color in your rug! Safavief Chelsea

Dramatic statement: Nuloom Barcelona

Alone this rug is almost maze-like but grounded under a coffee table & sofa it will give unbelievable dimension....Courtyard By Safavieh (also can be used outdoors!)

This color combination is amazing...Nuloom Mason Old World Scroll

A little more on the traditional side, this is still a transitional rug..ORG Merlot

Loloi Mystique

Another Courtyard by Safavieh...I own this rug in brown and use it outdoor in a sitting area. It is a perfect rug for indoors too.

HELLO YELLOW! This is a statement rug....Safavieh Soho in guess what color....




I recently just suggested this rug for a client and he put it under his dining room table. I keep coming back to it..it just draws your eye.  Safavieh in Gray


Rich warm colors mixed with the cool blue in this rug is the perfect combo. Japiur rugs

Surya Bombay black & gray....these are the "in"colors right now..This rug makes me want to design an entire room in gray, white & black.

Thom Felicia

Another Statement piece by The Rug Market..Time for me to get back to work!

Design Your Life! ~ G


No comments:

Post a Comment