photo Header_zps11b14c46.png

January 16, 2013

Going Green...

When I first heard the news that Pantone's color for Spring 2013 was EMERALD I wasn't too sure how excited I was. Who wants emerald green anywhere but on their finger?  Not me....so I thought.  Boy I guess I was a few steps behind on this trend.
While shopping for a client I encountered a vast array of emerald green accessories and it hit me. EMERALD. WOW. I NEED EMERALD in my life.  Not sure exactly how to style  with the color emerald? Here are a few examples of how emerald can catch your eye. I personally am obsessed combining emerald with gold.

Bold? Paint the wall Emerald. Use natural colors to balance it out. This room is pleasing to the eye because of the balance of gold mixed with black & white.
Designer Unknown

Neutral Base with pops of emerald. (love that mirrored coffee table)!

A little more light hearted? Neutral base with pops of green. The mix of pale green on the wall soothes out the harshness of the green ottomans. The green baskets on the white shelving give the space balance. Tricolor of poppy warms up the room.





First Impression. Paint your front door Emerald. Talk about pop. I am doing this to my own front door. Mix it with gold/brass door handle & matching knocker. 








You can bring the color into your wardrobe & home very subtly too in pillows & other accessories. How amazing is that chandelier?

If your a little afraid of color, introduce it slowly. I assure you too with have an emerald crush by the time the warm weather comes rolling in!

DESIGN YOUR LIFE!
G










No comments:

Post a Comment